jm

Friday, January 19, 2007

The Trinity - Well Not Really...



I did this piece last year before the movie came out. I love the original movies and am a huge Superman fan. I like to explore the allegory in the basic story of Superman and how it flows with the Gospel: Father sends His only Son to earth to save mankind. Cool, huh. Superman Returns has a ton of symbolism - even up to the ending scenes with the scourging and apparent sacrifice to save the earth - and there is even an empty tomb (well, hospital bed)!

1 Comments:

At 12:01 PM, Blogger cara said...

Hi, Jeremy.
My husband and I agree with you. We really enjoyed the movie, and were thrilled by the symbolism. We ended up watching it Christmas day, which was a nice touch.
Danon is a comic book fan like you.
Cara

 

Post a Comment

<< Home